You know what professional organizers see when they have a nightmare? BASKETS!!!
Many of my clients use baskets and bags for storage, and it drives organizers like me completely batty. Go to your closets right now and banish those baskets and bags. Here’s why:
- Basket and bags are not uniform, so you can’t stack them. If you can’t stack them, they are space wasters.
- Baskets and bags don’t look good. They fill your space with all kinds of crinkly surfaces, various colors, and visual chaos.
- Baskets and bags are dirty because they collect dust. Some even disintegrate over time.
- Baskets and bags are impossible to see into. Use transparent plastic bins instead.
- If you must store items in your home, use permanent, uniform storage like hard plastic bins. By ‘uniform’, I mean this: if you need several bins, be sure to purchase them at the same time so that they match in design and weight, and are stackable.
- While you’re at it, banish cardboard boxes, too, as they can attract mice and will also disintegrate over time.